How Hypnotherapy can benefit people with cancer
Any serious illness can affect how you think & feel. Receiving a diagnosis that could potentially be life changing or fatal may raise unfamiliar and frightening feelings for patients and their loved ones, going through cancer can be a devastating experience. Each person’s emotional response to cancer will depend on various factors, including an individual’s support system, coping style and perception of illness. Family members & close friends of those going through cancer also have an increased risk of experiencing anxiety & depression.
As with many types of complementary therapy, some people with cancer use hypnotherapy to help them relax and cope with symptoms and treatment. Hypnotherapy might help some people feel more comfortable and in control of their situation.
People with cancer most often use hypnotherapy for sickness or pain but additional areas of improvement can also include
- Emotional issues
- Help with depression & anxiety
- Help with pain & discomfort
- Fear and phobia reduction
- Less anxiety and nausea during chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Less anxiety and depression post chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Less severe and less protracted nausea post chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Fear of surgery
- Reduced post-surgery pain
- Enhanced moods and wellbeing
- Enhanced quality of life
- Improved appetite
- Memory and concentration problems
- Higher motivation to increase physical activity
- Hot flushes
All therapies are designed to be used in conjunction with conventional treatments and are not a substitute for treatments provided by medical practitioners. The therapies I practice are used to relieve the symptoms of cancer or the side-effects of conventional treatments. I cannot treat and / or remedy the cancer itself
I can work with you through your diagnosis, before, during & after treatment.